The study of Graphics at junior cycle aims to:
- develop the student’s creativity, spatial ability, and capacity to reason and communicate ideas through engagement with abstract and applied geometric problem-solving activities
- encourage the development of the cognitive and practical dexterity skills associated with graphical communication
- instil an appreciation of the role of graphics in the world around them
- equip all students to make judgements on the best mode through which to represent their ideas and solutions
- encourage the production of drawings that promotes the skills of communicating through graphics
- develop students cognitive and practical skills associated with modelling and graphical communication.